The renovations and just about done at Westvale Park and Pascack Brook County Park in Westwood, NJ. Even though Westvale was officially re-opened this past fall, it still has some remaining finishing touches to be completed.
Here are 2 videos of the parks made after my last update on the parks about 8 months ago.
Overview if improvements at Westvale Park:
- Created dog park with 2 fenced off areas for smaller or larger dogs. Great place to get your dog some exercise and make new friends and socialize with fellow dog owners
- New Playground for the kids. Has a soft ground installed to improve safety. (Temporary orange safety fence was still up at time of article & photos.
- New snack bar & bathrooms
- New football field, soccer field, and 2 new Little League fields. One featuring infield grass, the other a dirt infield.
- New lighting throughout.
- Parking lot (in progress)
- Renovated walking/biking path that now connects to Pascack Brook County Park. Paver walk way with pedestrian bridge. Very scenic
Improvements at Pascack Brook County Park:
- Paver pathway that goes around the perimeter of the park and now connects to Westvale Park
- New Gazebo
- Expanded paver parking areas
They removed in the old, beat up basketball court and replaced it with a parking lot. Would have liked to have see a new basketball court installed.
Check out the picture gallery to see all the improvements yourself.